Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Post Easter thought (plus some more)

I think I take the Easter thought last. 

Today I finished the last part about organization and management. The seminar went well.
Next week we will go into accountancy. Will be interesting.

I have taken the time to run this week as well. I went to Skatås to run with the club, but there were only four other people there. It was a public holiday that day. We agreed to run 10 km. I kept the girls tempo the two first kilometers. We were three women and a guy plus me.
I stopped the watch on 49:58. It would have been less if I would have run quicker the first kilometers. The time on Göteborgsvarvet is what matters most. But I don't think I will beat my record this year. I don't feel well prepared to run under 1,5h, but a time between 1h 40-30min is possible.
I will also start in group 15. That's because I haven't run the last two years. The elite will finish before I start. :)

Now it's weekend and I will relax from my studies until it starts on Monday again.



 A post Easter thought

It is exactly a week ago it was Good Friday or Long Friday as we call it in Swedish.
A day when our Saviour died for our sins "and afflictions and temptations of every kind" (Alma 7:11)
He did what we call the Atonement. At one ment. "that he may loose the bands of death which binds his people". (Alma 7:12)
The Atonement was the principle I liked to teach, but it is a very big principle and for investigators who don't know much about it or Christianity, you have to teach it very simple, which is hard.
Jeffrey R Holland has given some good talks about the Atonement. One quote I remember from one of his talks is this one:
"How could we believe it would be easy for us when it was never, ever easy for Him?" (Ensign March 2001)
He brought up the questions, before he said the quote above, which a lot of missionaries would ask: "Why is this so hard? Why doesn’t it go better? Why can’t our success be more rapid? Why aren’t there more people joining the Church?" I had these questions in my mind when I felt nothing happened.

I'm so grateful about the Atonement and for our Redeemer and Saviour Jesus Christ "that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!" So we can return back to our Heavenly parents one day.
(Hymn 193)^

In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment