Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

A very good weekend

After a lecture on Thursday and lots of reading on Friday I headed to Tingsbergshallen and played Floorball (Innebandy in Swedish) in the evening. We were nine who came, so two teams with five and four players. I played well and scored at least 3 times the first 30 minutes, but I am more a long distance runner and don't have much explosive energy, so my energy supply was pretty empty the last half and I did less rushes, but it was nice to move the body.

I got more on Saturday morning when I drove to Skatås, east of Göteborg. The plan was to run with Solvikingarna (The Sunvikings) a "long slow distance" pass (I don't know if you can say pass. Beat is another word the dictionary suggested.) It happened to be a Göteborgsvarslångpass that Solvikingarna held together with Göteborgsvarvet (the 21 km race I will run in May).
We were 60-70 people there. You chose a group that fitted your tempo. They had three groups. One that held a 5 min/km tempo, the other 5,5 min/km and 6 min/km the last group. I chose 5,5 min/km group. After we had chosen a group we ran for about an hour. We ran 13 km and I stopped my stopwatch at 1hr, 11min and 21sek. I didn't have much strength left in my legs and had hard to even do a short rush. 
The ground was icy and wet. It got better when we got asphalt under our feet.
They served energy drink, banana and Kexchocklad (chocolate wafer) when we came back to the centre.

I did a stop at McDonald's on my way home. Frölundamålet for lunch. One BigMac and Cheeseburger and a middle drink and fries. It tasted well. :P

The day finished with Melodifestivalen (the music competition who decide who will represent Sweden in Eurovision Song Contest in Germany) with some friends.
It will be interesting to see how Erik Saade will do in Düsseldorf.

Click to watch his performance

No comments:

Post a Comment