Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Fest i Nord

It has been a while since I posted something.
I have been pretty busy with painting and grass cutting.

Fest i Nord was this week in Nyköping. It was great and warm.

It started on Tuesday and ended on Saturday.
I drove up with one of my parents car, a Volvo 945. It was fully loaded with people and luggage.
The ride took about four hours. The car didn't have air condition, so it was a warm ride. We came up and registered us and had lunch.
The first activity was to carve a Totem pole. The groups were based on the month you were born in. We were only three in the April group the last hour. It wasn't the most beautiful of the twelve. The social part was better.
Some of us guys slept in a building where they have dances and theatre, we had all our dances there too (except for one). It was a fifteen minutes walk to the "campus", there we had the meals and some of the activities.
We had dances every evening with different themes. Dressed with the colours of your flag, sport, 90's and Sunday best.
Groups Aprils Totem pole. "Attitude meter"

The second day was a sport day. Most all of the different activities were at the same time, so you had to choose that you wanted to do, if it wasn't full already.
I did track and field. The athletic ground was basically empty. It was only another FiN participant and I.
I signed on to do all the five events. High jump, long jump, shot put, 100m and 400m.
My results were not really impressive. 1,30 m, 4,1 m, 8 m, 13,8 s and 1 min, 10 s. Same order as the events.
I am not sure what I exactly got at the long jump. There were no prize ceremony or the results on the walls. These results are only memorized. I did all the five events within an hour.

On the third day was the testimony meeting. Two hours and with a long queue. We had workshops later on. I went to two of them.
One about seven steps to be interdependent from dependent and independent. The other was lead by one of the brothers in the Herreys and talked about the time when they were famous.

On the forth day, we had an activity called Amazing race. It contained different activities and challenges like pull a car, find a worm and bring it to the secretariat and answer riddles.

Car pulling. One of the activities in the Amazing race

We had in the evening an Oscar gala. Some participants made own movies, with the theme "Attitude is everything", which was also the theme on the whole convention. It ended with a dance.

My bal date and I

The fifth day was the last day. It was a day with adventure.
The car we drove up with broke down. It was the generator that broke down and the ground cable.
So the car was towed to a garage.
We were dropped off at the train station and were thinking to take the train, but it was expensive. I was quick and bough a last minute ticket. The others got a ride to Skavsta airport and rented a car.
I took a bus to Eskilstuna and train to Arboga and changed train to one that went all the way to Göteborg.
Maybe not the best decisions, but we all came eventually home.

This is not the car, but same colour and a 945

I didn't write down everything that happened. It is easier for you to experience it yourself.

It was a great convention. Great weather. I got sunburned and a nicer tan. Met old and made new friends.

Now I will be home for three weeks and then go to England and visit two areas I served in.
Hopefully I will be done with the painting this week.
I looking forward to study again. I have felt more busy now on the summer than I did my first semester.

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment