Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

England



I haven't posted for a while, but now when I will start run often I hope I will be more active here though this is a running blog.
It is less than a week until I go back to university. My second term. Democracy and law will be two subjects this term. I will be interesting.

Last weekend ( Saturday 20 - Wednesday 24) I visited my mission in England (England London Mission).
I visited two of my areas. My first, second last and my last. Sounds like three, but I served twice in my greenie area. I also visited London the same day I flew home.



I flew with Ryanair, got a return ticket for 817 SEK, from Göteborg to Stansted.
I was over in England for four days, five I count the day I came over. I arrived at noon. The first two were spent in Witham, Essex. Stansted is not that far away from Witham and a family came and picked me up. That was very appreciated. ;)
I visited church while I was there. It was  nice to see some of the members again. A lot of the members where on holidays, so there were loads of members that I didn't see.
The third and fourth days I did spend in Canterbury. Stayed over in Faversham and visited Broomfield.
The weather was nice in Witham, 25°C, but cloudy in Canterbury and rain. I managed to take cover before the rain poured down one day.

I left Faversham on Wednesday and traveled to London. I planned to stop by Hyde Park chapel and see President Patch. He wasn't in, but I could leave my suitcase there and went out. I bought something to eat and sat in Hyde Park, the park itself. I had many guests around me, who wanted the left overs. :)


I visited the Natural History museum. I think I was there for 1h 40 min. It was interesting.
I was first thinking to stay in London to 3 pm, but thought I will have to rush to Stansted.
I went back to the mission office and it was locked. The office couple had probably lunch.
I sat outside the office and waited. Suddenly President Patch came out from the elevator.
He gave me a CD with pictures and other stuff from the mission during the two years he had been mission president. I had to take my suitcase and rush to the tube and Stansted Express.
I was thinking to take a fish 'n chips in London, but didn't have time for that.
At Stansted airport I came there 1h 45 min before departure. They want you there two hours before the departure. I checked around and decided to have some Asian food, noodles with beef.
Sometimes your schedule can clash with others and things don't go as you plan or wanted.
Anyway... everything went well and I came home safely.

A week until university starts again and back to normal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment