Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

My first race

I have at least settled down from the Stockholm trip, it hasn't been much running since Göteborgsvarvet.
Just one actually. I ran, what I call, Gräppås rundan. It is 3,2 km long and only on asphalt.
I got the time 13 min and 32 s.



Thursday 9th was the day I ran my first club championship. The distance was 1000 m. I haven't run that distance since my eighth year in school. 2002. It was raining a lot in the morning. I hoped it would stop before the evening. It did, but the track was still wet. There were some small puddles on in.
18:20 was the start for  my heat. We were 6 in my class. Two ran off immediately. It was slippery and I couldn't get good grip at all. I felt I ran slow. It didn't feel fast at all and I didn't have any strength to run faster. I finished second last with the time 3 min and 18 s. The winner had the time 2 min and 50 minutes. You run fast as an African if you can keep the time I got per kilometer for a half marathon. You would get 1 h and 9 min. But now it was only one kilometer we ran and you should get faster min/km time than you have when you run longer distances.
I run in average 4 min, 52 s /km in Göteborgsvarvet.
I can only state that I'm not trained for short distances. More interval and sprint training are needed for me. Intervals are also needed so I can have a faster pace when I run longer distances as well.
Some of the runners made an unofficial 100 m race. 12.83 s was the best time. Two stretched their thighs. So the running track got its preys. :)

Here is another picture and a video clip. The pictures and video are taken with my phone. The quality of the video is crappy.

Run safely!!


1 comment: